Friday, May 27, 2011

On Stranger Tides

Johnny Depp, mermaids, and mystery, need I say more to encourage you all to go see the new Pirates movie? May I be the first to say how skeptical I was about this movie, well I was wrong. This was actually my favorite Pirates movie of the series. Now, I don't know if it's my obsession with Johnny Depp, Mermaids, or Pirate hair that has lead me to this conclusion, but frankly I don't care I'm still giving this movie my stamp of approval. So I need to go on a rant here for a minute about this movie because seriously those mermaids were amazing. Finally a movie that actually paints the picture I have in my head of a mermaid. In the past we have seen mermaids in two traditional extremes. For example, Ariel in the Little Mermaid or Sara Paxton in Aquamarine are the traditionally beautiful, curious, yet loving mermaids, or we have mermaids like the ones in Harry Potter ie the scary, evil mermaid that is trying to drown you. This is why my favorite type of mermaid is the one in Pirates. They were beautiful, deceptive, and yes trying to drown you. What really shocked me was how they kept there beauty even when they were trying to attack and kill with an almost vampire like snare. The tails were beautifully done, and the girls were tastefully covered throughout the course of the movie. I can only hope for a 5th, yes 5th movie to continue the intriguing saga, preferably with mermaids, Johnny Depp, and the adorable new addition to the cast, Sam Clafin.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

No comments:

Post a Comment